Cut Resistant Belt
The MAXX SHIELD belt is mainly designed to prevent belt failure due to entrapment of tramp material causing longitudinal cut or ripping of the entire belt. The loss due to such breakdowns is very high considering the entire length of belt which is lost and the ensuing production loss due to the unpredictable failure.
A specially designed steel breaker fabric is embedded in the top rubber cover. The steel cord running across the width of the belt arrests ripping, dislodges the tramp material out and thereby prevents longitudinal cut of the belt. If there is a history of belt ripping in any particular installation, we strongly recommend our MAXX SHIELD belt.
The MAXX SHIELD® belt is designed to prevent belt failure due to entrapment of tramp material, which is often the cause of longitudinal rip of belts. The loss due to such breakdowns is very high considering that the entire length of belt needs to be replaced. Such failures cause huge production losses and downtime.
To counter the force exerted by any tramp or sharp material, we introduce a special transverse steel cord reinforcement member which is embedded in the top rubber cover. This transverse breaker arrests ripping, dislodges the entrapped material and thereby prevents and limits the extent of belt rip. Substantial savings have been derived by using MAXX SHIELD® in diverse applications such as scrap recycling and mining of sharp ores. By a marginal additional investment in a MAXX SHIELD® belt, the value and reliability of the installation is increased exponentially.
Benefits of MAXX SHIELD®
- Superb Longitudinal cut resistance against metal tramp and sharp objects
- Provides additional protection against impact damage
- Special belt construction ensures normal toughing
- Longitudinal flexibility is unchanged and pulleys do not need modification
- Easy to splice using conventional splicing methods
Longitudinal rip arrested by MAXX SHIELD®
- Installations having a history of frequent belt failures attributed to Longitudinal cut
- Scrap recycling plants
- Cullet / broken glass processing
- High speed feeder, transfer and unloaded belts
- Incline, chevron belts for waste and rock handling
- Mobile crushers, concrete demolition plants